What This Is: Readings from the device must be expressed in terms of a BAC-like measurement so that all parties have a common point of reference.
Why It’s Important:
- Provides a quantifiable result on which to base sanctions and rulings
- Offers a common reference point for comparison of results and an intuitive understanding of drinking event magnitude. Employees who work in the field of alcohol and crime understands BAC-levels and the concept of BAC drinking curves.
How SCRAMx Delivers:
- SCRAMx results are reported as TAC (transdermal alcohol concentration), which is correlated to BAC
- Our controlled sample delivery method and bracelet calibration process make TAC measurements actually mean something
- SCRAMx results and TAC curves are easily understood by courts
Single-Source Admissibility »
Controlled Sample Delivery System
Why SCRAMx’s active, controlled sample delivery system is important:
- Before a controlled sample containing the offender’s transdermal alcohol is introduced into the fuel cell, the air around the bracelet is measured for the presence of alcohol
- Next, a precisely controlled volume of the air sample containing the offender’s transdermal alcohol is taken from a sample collection chamber and introduced to the fuel cell using a pump
- A TAC level is calculated from this precisely-controlled sample (same as evidential breath testers)
- This process is repeated, painting a recognizable and quantifiable TAC curve for each drinking event