Welcome to the SCRAMx Program!
Wearing the SCRAMx bracelet can be as beneficial and rewarding as you decide to make it. Based on AMS’ experience monitoring more than 120,000 clients, we’ve heard some amazing success stories about how the device helped turn many people’s lives around and gave them new hope for a better future. We sincerely hope that one of those people who benefits from SCRAMx is you!
To help get you started, here are some basics on what you can expect while participating in the SCRAMx program:
- Transdermal technology – SCRAMx checks for alcohol consumption by detecting and measuring any ethanol that is present in your skin’s insensible perspiration. This process measures the alcohol that comes off the skin around your ankle and, unlike blood tests or other methods, is completely non-invasive to you.
- Continuous monitoring – SCRAMx automatically tests for alcohol consumption around the clock. You will notice a slight vibration while the bracelet takes a reading, but otherwise the monitoring process is transparent and minimally disruptive to your daily activities.
- Tamper alerts – In addition to testing for consumed alcohol, SCRAMx also detects any attempts to tamper with, obstruct, or remove the bracelet and reports those to your supervising agency.
- House arrest – If you are also ordered on house arrest, SCRAMx continually checks for your presence in or absence from your home.
- Ongoing analysis – SCRAMx stores your test results and, through the base station, will electronically transmit them to your assigned agent on a pre-determined schedule.
The Service Provider who installed your SCRAMx bracelet is available to help make your time on SCRAMx as smooth as possible. For more information about your participation in the SCRAMx program, please continue reading these sections: